Monday, November 29, 2010

Not much to say

A friend asked me how i was doing this evening. I've been getting that a lot lately, and I never really know what to say. When I do answer honestly, there's usually a bit of an awkward pause. Really now, what are you supposed to say to that? Generally consisting of "well, my entire life has been put on hold, and i'm going through every day trying to figure out how to live knowing my sister is gone". It's sort of like dropping a 10 ton weight on them, I don't expect them to know how to answer. On the whole, I don't really expect people to know what to say to me. After all, I don't know what to say to them, or to myself, there really isn't anything TO say. But it's the fact that they want to say something that really matters, and that tells me that I've got really great friends.

No comments: