Thursday, May 6, 2010

Elephants On Parade - Round up for May 6th

I made an absolutely thrilling discovery today....turns out that the Elephants will be scattered about London until June 23rd, not the 2nd like I thought, before they are moved to lie in state at the Royal Hospital in Chelsea. This has made my life SO much better, as it means I don't need to be quite as frenetic in my Elephant hunting. I plan on maintaining as much as I can, but it's a little bit more breathing room.


Today I met a friend for lunch on Bond Street, but we wandered around quite a bit before actually finding a place we were interested in eating at, so I was able to pick up a few Elephants I hadn't expected. It made me feel a lot better, as I'd left my flat about 20 minutes early and walked via Holland Park, then from Marble Arch to Bond St to try and bag a few of the 'phants. Except I couldn't find most of them. Turns out this is because a) the ones I saw on the map as being on Bond Street were actually on South Molton, and the one near Holland Park hadn't even been installed yet! After we had lunch, we had a good wander around the city, and tripped over the movers/installers of the elephants (super cute, by the way) and it turns out that there were about 5-10 that hadn't been installed yet, and were due to go up today.

It's nice to know I'm not insane, because it was getting rather disturbing not being able to find a giant, brightly colored elephant in an uncrowded street.



The total count for today is 23 Elephants, which I am quite pleased about. My travels included Marble Arch, Molton Street, Hamleys, Regent Street, Hanover Square, Notting Hill Gate (okay that's kind of cheating), Carnaby Street and a few other small side streets. However, when I looked back at the map I see that I missed a few that I should have caught. Going to have to go back and get them another day!
119 - Oil - South Molton Street
199 - Impossiphant - South Molton Street
142 - Dead End - South Molton Street
231 - The Illustrated Elephant - Hanover Square
351 - Oscar - Hanover Square
16 - Mrs Stripe - Marble Arch

241 - Happyphant - Marble Arch
132 - Young At Art - South Molton Street
118 - Candy - Carnaby St/Marlborough St
220 - Oak, Chestnut, Plane & Elm - Regent Place
214 - Vanda - Swallow Street
247 - The Tommy Hillfigner Elephant - St. Martin's Court

175 - R - New Burlington Place
113 - Monopoly Community Chest - Hamley's Toy Store
114 - Zambi - Hamley's Toy Store
15 - Mr Stripe - Foubert's Place/Newburgh Street
14 - Daisies - Notting Hill Gate
167 - Elphish - Foubert's Place/Regent Street

41 - Travels On My Elephant - Notting Hill Gate
178 - Naveen - Notting Hill Gate
139 - Bertie - Foubert's Place/Kingly St
7 - Tree of Love - National Geographic Store, Regent St
160 - Kissed by Lulu Guiness - Carnaby St/Broadwick Street
91 - Cupcake - Regent Place

No comments: