Saturday, May 8, 2010

Another Day, and more Elephants...the weather wasn't quite so nice today, and I misjudged the amount of walking and time involved in my planned route. I'd have had no problem plodding along anyways, but I got a call from a friend who was unexpectedly in the area when I was at en route to the Natural History Museum, and we met up at Sloane Square. This meant abandoning a little over 1/2 my planned sights, but I had good company and we went to go and see Hot Tub Time Machine. My overall impression of the movie is of it being amusing, but not terribly memorable. Though I distinctly remember being in absolutely hysterics over various parts of the film, I couldn't for the life of me tell you what I was laughing about. It was enjoyable however, and was followed up by Enchiladas and cocktails at a Mexican restaurant called Tequila in Notting Hill Gate. Good Mexican food (particularly proper sour cream) is very hard to find in the UK, so when I have it it's always a treat!

I know I said this yesterday, but I'm pretty sure that tomorrow will be a light day. I plan on catching the other two Elephants at Westfield that I missed this afternoon after the movie, and checking to see if the second Holland Park Avenue Elephant has been installed.



97 - Saffron - Westfield Mall
172- Luna - Westfield Mall
13 - Doors - Duke of York Square
208 - Kingdom - Sloane Square
190 - Josephine - Sloane Square
164 - Hathi - V&A Museum
185 - Less is Morvi - V&A Museum


98 - Seymour - Natural History Museum, Wildlife Gardens
66 - Phoolan - Natural History Museum, Wildlife Gardens
182 - Fatima - Royal Albert Hall/Kensington Gore
238 - The Isles of London - Royal Albert Hall/Kensington Gore
160 - Lunacrooner - High Street Kensington
232- Whisper - High Street Kensington
59 - Elephant in the Room - Duke of York Square

No comments: