Wednesday, October 21, 2009

KBC - Week 4 - Toxic Tuesday

Yesterday afternoon, after living here for over a year, I *finally* managed to get to Loop, one of London's most well known knitting shops. The store is located in Angel,whereas I live in the western portion of the city so I don't find myself in the neighborhood very often. Thankfully, I had a couple of hours to kill after attending London's most USELESS career fair ever, so I was able to swing by. The place is delightful, and positively spacious for a downtown knitting store. I have memories of stores in New York City that were so small you could hardly call it a coffin let alone a store. Loop was well lit, well stocked and staffed by incredibly friendly and helpful people. The place was truly delightful. Accordingly....I wound up with quite a good haul of yarn, most of which you'll see in the next few days. In particular, I stumbled upon a skein of Colinette Point 5, in them most intense neon pink and purple combination you've ever seen. Seriously, I think I may have irrevocably irradiated a large portion of my ovaries just by looking at it. Naturally, this meant it was a perfect yarn for my Godmother, Maureen.

Maureen is known for her flamboyant personality and appearance, she and my mother met in Lamaze during their first pregnancies way back when and they've been close ever since. When I was younger I made a habit of sending her small pots of pink and purple hair dye, which she uses for dying just a touch of her otherwise wonderful silver hair. Sadly I can't find any photos of her from my sister's wedding, but she was a queen in red and purple. Maureen does flamboyant like no one else, particularly the intense pinks and purples. This toxic purple yarn was meant for her!

This was the result....I only hope my future children don't have 3 heads because of it....

Project Profile: Maureen's Toxic Pink Hat
Pattern: No pattern, just Co 48 stitches, knit 6 inches then decrease.
Yarn: Colinette Point 5 in Alizarine (119)
Details: Size US 15 ( 10 mm) dpns

No comments: