Sunday, October 11, 2009

KBC - Week 2 - A Bit of This and a Bit of That

Huzzah! I actually finished this weeks project last night, but opted to go to bed instead of blogging about it. Things are swimming along here merrily, class starts on the 20th and I'm spending the time between them plotting PhD and Law school applications. Wish me luck! Also on the list is getting my flat under control, I'm pretty sure the clothes monster underneath my bed not only is capable of speaking to me at this point, but has named itself as well. Hermintrude whispers to me while i'm trying to go to bed in her screechy little voice "CLEEAAAAAN MEEEE"! Something dire is getting done this week.

BUT, in the meantime, have some more knitting:


Project Profile: The Turn-A-Square Watch Cap.
Pattern: Squared Away Watch Cap and Turn-A-Square
Yarn: 1.5 skeins of Mirasol- Miski in shade 118 (123 yds)
Needles: US 7 (4.5 mm) DPNS

When I started out with this project, I had planned on using the Squared Away Watch Cap (Ravelry Link) from Crystal Palace Yarns. But once I got further into the pattern I realized I didn't want it to be quite so long as the watch cap, and I wasn't sure about the look of the decreases. After a bit of searching, I settled on Jared Flood's Turn-A-Square (Ravelry Link) cap instead. I like the raglan decrease, and the general neatness of the pattern. Naturally, as this pattern is stocking stitch and i'd done the 2x2 rib as proscribed in the Watch Cap, I was a bit worried, but once I got the hang of it (read: stop trying to be smart and figure out if I should be purling or knitting the decreases and just knit them all) I really think it came out well. This is definitely a pattern I'll be using again.

1 comment:

vacantmuse said...

Hi! it's Niki here. i'm watching you from my own blog! muahahaha... i love the idea of getting something done each week. the reality? not so much... XD can't wait to see more!
xoxox