Monday, October 5, 2009

KBC - End of Week 1, Start of Week 2

Project Profile: Lofty Cable Mittens
Pattern: Lofty Wool Cable Mittens by Cathy Campbell
Yarn - Mirasol Sulka in Colorway 215
Details: Knit size 6 US Needles, in the Mens Medium.

Modification: I ribbed the first 10 rows instead of stocking stitch, I wanted a firmer cuff rather than the rolled one, seems like a great way to get snow wedged in your wrists! I also picked up 1 stitch in the gap/gutter of the thumb to avoid creating a hole there, which i left until the final row of decreases, and made the last K2Tog into a sl,k2tog,psso, which worked perfectly.

Thoughts: I'm pretty pleased with how these came out, and surprised that there aren't more projects on Ravelry using the pattern. It's definitely one I'd make again, and will probably end up gifting to more than one relative this season. The Sulka worked perfectly, and with the smaller needle makes for a nice strong fabric, which should hold up nicely in winter.

I did run slightly past my deadline, in that I finished these on Monday, but a headcold and the late start justifies that i think.


On the schedule for this week:

Squared Away Watch Cap by Oftroy of Golden Appels in Mirasol - Miski.

and away we go!

No comments: