Thursday, October 1, 2009

KBC- Week 1 Day 4

So after finally settling on knitting Kureyon Handwarmers, Evangelines, Bella's Mitts a pair of Lofty Cable Mitts by Cathy Campbell (Crystal Palace Yarn) in Sulka by Mirasol, I finally got started today. Yes, it's a bit late in the week to get started, but that's because I must have ripped about 6 different versions of gloves/mittens before I found one I was happy with. The Sulka I am using came out of my stash, and I was originally planning on using it for myself, but it's going to a higher cause for the time being....plus it looks like i may run short, so I'll be able to get some more for myself when I go back to John Lewis' to get more! Yes...I do realize this defeats the purpose of 'stash busting'.


The only mod I've added is ribbing the first 10 rows rather than the stocking stitch, which means i have a fitted cuff instead of a rolled one. I absolutely adore the Sulka yarn and have used it before, but this particular color makes me drool (Shade 215 to be specific). I love the deep ruby....sigh.

Here's what I have so far ---> Row wise, i'm just past 1/2 way through (row 38 of 76 to be precise). But in terms of actual time knitting i'm pretty sure I'm further along than that, yarr...there be decrease rows ahead! I'm going to aim for finishing this one and starting the second tomorrow. Which should give me plenty of time to finish it by Sunday night.

No comments: