Monday, June 20, 2011

A-ward Bound, (iPod part 3)

No, my dear, dedicated...two readers. (Hi!), I have not forgotten about the iPod thing. Last week involved all sorts of shenanigans (soon to follow), So now it's time to catch up on the songs.

I started my new volunteering gig last week, a few mornings a week doing office work for a non-profit. It's calm and mindless, and a great time to make big headway on my track list. I started with the A's, since My car and my iPod differ as to how what order the symbols/numbers should be played in. But everyone can get along with regards to alphabetizing. It's pretty finite.

So far, I am still plowing through the As. Starting with  ABC by the Jackson 5 (still awesome) and i'm now up to Always by Blink-182. If there are any song writers out there, please take this moment to absorb that it is time to start coming up with songs that are NOT titled  starting with "All" or "Alone"....the 'Alls' chunk of my playlist is 46 songs, not including duplicates.  I also have 5 or 6 completely different songs that are titled "All I need".  Time to be more creative, kids.

Some highlights from the bunch:

-Acts 1-5 of Much Ado About Nothing by the Royal Shakespeare Company (radio version?). Always a fun listen, and kept me busy for much of my time in the office.
- I may have discovered a little bit of love for Toby Keith
- I seem to have an obscene amount of Bruce Springsteen. I knew this already, but i keep being surprised at the sheer amount of it. Particularly as I was never a huge fan? Not that I object, but just....seriously.

By my count i'm 149 songs in, not counting the symbol/number songs. Which should add another 20-30 or so. At this rate, I'll be done in a few years.

No comments: