Thursday, August 22, 2013

Musings and Misery



Thought maybe I’d give the blogging (ok…whining) thing a try again. Mainly, because I have no projects or goals right now. Right now i’m stuck in limbo, no job, no school, no time frame. The lease on our house took effect today, so…yay house! Problem is we don’t get our stuff for at least another 4-5 days, probably closer to 10. In the meantime, i feel like all there is for me to do is to job search, and be cranky that I have not had *one* positive review, possible interest in an interview or email (bar the inevitable rejections) from any of it. 
Granted, part of this is due to me applying to jobs that i know i don’t even qualify for. Trouble is, when you are overeducated, and have zero work experience, no one wants to hire you anyways. Either someone will have to take a big risk on me, or i’m stuck with jobs that only have an associate’s degree as their pre-requisites….aka, Data Entry. 
I’m not even sure they’d hire me either….. 
Not sure where i’m going with this…other than OMFG, i am stressed, unemployed, and miserable, with too much time on my hands. 
---------
I know i'm not the only one to feel this way, and I'm very probably due my fair share of said 20s-angst, because I've managed to get this far through my 20s without having to deal with the 'OH GOD, I NEED  A JOB' stress. I don't eel lucky though, i feel like i've made everything harder for myself. Work experience seems to matter more than i thought it would, than i was told it would....just keep your head down and finish your education they said. 
Here I am, nearly 9 years since I left for college, and I'm .......nowhere. 

No comments: