Saturday, June 5, 2010

I'm running low on witty, Elephant-related titles

Last Sunday I lost my patience with being inside and headed out for a trek. There were a few Elephants I'd missed off Oxford Street and Regent Street, so I started there. After that, I don't really know what happened...but I kept convincing myself that "Oh, this one's not too far off...I'll just go get that one." Cue trudging, and then "OOH! This one..." etc etc. This cycle continued for about 6 1/2 hours, and at the end of the day I think I did roughly 10 miles of walking. I've started wearing a pedometer on some of my treks, and it informed me I took 18,495 steps. Either way, I'm really pleased with that kind of activity. I've noticed that in the past month my face has thinned a bit, and I've dropped a dress size. I'm calling it the Elephant Diet and I'm gonna run (or walk, ad nauseum) with it.
152 - Frank - Market Place
2 - Radja - Market Place
34 - Little Moo - Cavendish Square
206 - Mr. Bojangles - Cavendish Square
223 - Rangoli - Cavendish Square
37 - Woodland - Cavendish Square
242 - G-N-S - Golden Square Gardens
154 - Gilt - Golden Square Gardens
245 - Jade - Heddon St
200 - Dickinson Elephant - Jermyn Street
133 - Manasuna - Burlington Arcade
120 - The Singing Butler Rides Again - Burlington Arcade
82 - Grey Elephant - New Bond Street
233 - Topographant - New Bond Street
248 - Sadhana - New Bond Street
236 - Patchwork - Berkeley Square
101- Layla - Berkeley Square
194 - Iconic London- Berkeley Square
212 - Looking Me In The Eye - Berkeley Square
207 - Untitled - Berkeley Square
156 - TINKLE - Berkeley Square (listed as Bruton St)
168 - Coco - Berkeley Square
125 - Lover - Berkeley Square (listed as Bruton St)
90 - Twiggie - 37 Davies St
32 - Little Birde - Mount St
131 - Sidhe - Mount St
54 - Eli Krishma - Mount St
105 - Elephant Ladyland - Mount St
123 - A Penny For Your Thoughts - 26 South Audley St
93 - Tango - The Dorchester
163 - Suraj - The Dorchester
170 - The Vanishing Elephant - Curzon St
53 - Nana - Curzon St
138 - Eleafant - Curzon St
30 - Vorsprung - Piccadilly (Near entrance to Green Park)

237 - Freedom - Piccadilly (Across from Hard Rock Cafe)
240 - Zabriskie - Hyde Park Corner
8 - Ampersand - Hyde Park Corner
24 - Whizz - Hyde Park, Speaker's Corner
46 - Bobby - Hyde Park, Speaker's Corner
22 - Bolt - Hyde Park, Speaker's Corner
23 - Dash - Hyde Park, Speaker's Corner
18 - Panda - Hyde Park, Speaker's Corner

Detail of two of my favorites - Ampersand and Topographant.

No comments: