Thursday, March 18, 2010

Adventures in Sutton

I'm still playing serious catch up on past events, due to injury (see end of the post ;p) which has made my life all kinds of crazy. Anyways! Here we go!
Two weeks ago, after MONTHS of drama and waiting, Yas had her visa hearing in Sutton. Sutton, by the way is in the middle of NOWHERE. Okay, not really...but it was a bit of a pain to get to, you'd think they'd have it slightly more conveniently located. Suffice to say, that at a horrific and inhumane hour of the morning, Yas, Irfan, Phillip and I met up at Victoria and headed off to the countryside (sort of). It was a nice little train ride though, and accompanied by lovely weather. I think Yas was yelling at Phillip about something in this one...not quite sure what. Once we got to the building there were several hours of waiting, and then at last the hearing - which went awesomely. That is one very cool, very smart judge (and not just because he decided in her favor!)

Immediately post hearing. Victory!!!!!! From there, we headed to the nearest (and only) pub to celebrate.





























After a quick drink, a call to the parents and some joking around, we headed back to London. There were plans of gathering for dinner later in the evening, but we all sacked out instead. Oops. After that, my day sort of went down hill....i.e. - ended in A & E. As I was preparing my evening cup of tea I was viciously attacked by a doorframe . Dumb....super, super dumb. Also? Super broken. Ugh...after a few (surprisingly pleasant) hours in A&E, I was loaded up with crutches, medical tape, and some industrial pain killers and sent on my way. Irfan, bless him, came and met me at the hospital and hung out with me, and made sure that my (then totally drooling due to said industrial pain killers) self back home, and even went to McDonald's and got me dinner. Dudes, I have the best friends ever.

No comments: