Thursday, January 14, 2010

Signs of Life

Happy New Year kids, I'm still here. After a tumultuous end of the year, including graduating and an absolute nightmare of a journey across the United States (remember all that Snow-nonsense just before Christmas? Guess who was in the airport then) I am now back in London and attempting to "Get my Life in order". I put this in quotes, because frankly I have no idea what that will entail. In the meantime however, I present you with more of my Christmas goodies! After all the nonsense of stress, insanity and 'I can totally knit a project a a week" I did, in fact, manage to complete all of the various knittery I had planned for the holiday. Albeit in a slightly rushed manner. I even managed to finish an extra project. So, without further ado -

Mom's Cowl:
Pattern: Green Sea Cowl
Yarn: Mirasol Sulka shade 222 (4 skeins)
Needles: US 8
Probably my favorite FO of the Christmas season.


Yaz's Evangeline Gloves:
(Photo Forthcoming)










Dad's Hat: (#2, didn't like the first one)/ Harry's Fingerless Gloves
Pattern: none
Yarn: Sirdar Big Softie, 2 skeins/1 skein
Needles: US 13
Also, a gratuitous cleavage shot...sorry.















Rufus' Biking Gloves:
Pattern: None
Yarn: Debbie Bliss Donegal Chunky Tweed, 1 skein
Needles: US 10
Previously Posted:
Irfan's Hat












Kiera's Mittens












Erika's Socks














And for my last item, my very dear friend Kaitlyn, whom I have known since we were 11 is expecting! Therefore, BABY clothes are a requirement. Unfortunately, the silly girl was so inconsiderate as to time it that I had very little heads up as to her happy state prior to visiting, so I didn't have much to work with....but, this is why BABY clothes are awesome, ...they go really fast. They're also really easy to make gender neutral.

The Anticipatory Handsome Hoodie (for the as yet unnamed BABY)
Pattern: Handsome Hoodie
Yarn: Plymouth Baby Alpaca Grande (2 skeins)
Needles: US 9

No comments: